Monday, February 9, 2015

first art journal

This is my first art journal and I'm using the opportunity to experiment with anything and everything--watercolors, pen and ink, colored pencils, acrylic paints, gesso, Mod Podge, scotch tape, and a variety of techniques.  I have two other empty art journals ready to go, again made with brown paper grocery bags and bound with yarn.  I'll take my favorite techniques and mediums and start creating journals with themes.

I made the cover with a piece of fabric glued on with Mod Podge and then trimmed with household masking tape.  I braided the ends of the yarn used to bind the journal.  I'm very please with my first attempt and can't wait to start on the next one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, David!! These are wonderful. Keep up the exploration.

Unknown said...

The comment was from me.